Saturday, October 1, 2016

Me... idiocracy

Mediocrity seems to be a recurring theme today, from a conversation this morning to, Monsters University; a movie I'm watching as I type this.
Pride prevents me from thinking I am a run of the mill pedestrian type, you see I don't want to admit that since I believe that I'm special and above the ordinary.
Besides, I have a secret disdain for this undistinguished quality and have trained myself to dither from what I thought was an unappealing quality, especially for my own self.
One does need reality check whether it comes as an experience or even a blight on your peace alter ego who can steer your reflections toward an au courant angle.
So I was told that most people are mediocre and it's fine really, nothing out of the ordinary in that... but to be happy in that knowledge and not wanting to trans-mutate, now that is a crime.
Complacency is a deep rooted malady and needs a vigorous discipline to shake off.
Let's face it then, most of us are wannabe's but let's not stay that way. What's life without a challenge and what is growth if it isn't of one's own intellect and competence.
Learning has to be a credo, a faith and compulsion and yes, hanker for more and then some.
Whatever it may take, an academic course, a practical instruction, an instrument you've been hankering to learn to play, carpentry, tailoring, or even learning to be a handy man, Nike!
As always... this blog is a place I spit and spew, interestingly I'm learning to swallow.
Me idiocracy... for now.

No comments: