Thursday, October 13, 2016

Gossamer strings :)


How many people have you met who use the expression, like gossamer strings... albeit to describe a body function. I confess I'm a snob when it comes to English language. You either speak it well or don't. Yes I know that language is a source of communication and what does it matter how it is pronounced or what words are used as long as the message is delivered and understood.
Can't accept that.
My credo demands that I use words that make you want to grab a dictionary, sorry Kuki! If I were to use mediocre language and everyday expressions, I believe I would be causing grievous injury to self and limiting the expanse of my thinking.
Got to do this.
Apparently the jargon I use is too complicated and who wants to comprehend its quintessence at the cost of opening a lexicon. What devil prompts this rapacious malady to create sentences that perplex the unsuspecting peruser.
Not apologizing.
And then there is the insidious vampire who weaves sinuously a magic so ethereal that you want to celebrate who you are with your infinite foibles even when you battle the conscripted milieu that decries the magic.
Gossamer strings...

No comments: