Saturday, September 24, 2016

Flawlessly squinted...

The first time I was told that my eyes are slightly squint, I was offended to put it mildly. Having only received éclat for my saucer eyes all my growing years, the suggestion of a deformity gave me dysphagia.
But like always, when the cow ruminates, the cud is easier to chew and I did give myself an unhurried glance in the mirror to confirm that I was indeed cross eyed and of course Anjali came to mind as she kept warning me that I would end up this way since I have this terrible habit of mimicking the squinch.
Fact is then, I look at you and the person next to you thinks I'm doing a peekabo with them.
Sigh!
Very briefly the cogitation of a medical correction flirted coyly in mind, but like most coquetry, it was squelched rather easily, oh and I'm lazy! Seemed too much trouble anyway. And if I could kill two birds with stone or affect two people with one glance, why would I upset the dual birds in the bush.
Which brings me to the meat and potatoes of this post.
Isn't it better that your vision is off centre at times? When you're fastidiously cautious and single mindedly judicious maybe you miss the magic of the moment or the fragrance in the air (sic!) or the sounds of laughter that could manifest into a healing harmony.
Those who know me well enough will figure out that this is a disclaimer for my scatter brained indolent self, but honestly, I do commend that life should be viewed cockeyed so as to see beyond the evident and obvious.
If you could look at everything from people to relationships and actions to shennanigans with an assymetrical glance, I guess it would be far lighter than a twenty twenty vision. Extreme focus can be terribly tiresome and weigh you down.
A blurred around the edges picture sometimes gives it a charm that a straight shoot may not possess.

So there I go, looking askance, not just with my eyes but with my mind too and honestly... McDonald's!!!

No comments: