Monday, December 19, 2011

Dear Diary

Hello.

I know it's been a while since we spoke
I have been too busy, you understand, I hope
Twenty years it's been I know
Time has passed just so

Climbed on a train that took me fast
Many a times, I didn't think I would last
Through a stranger's eyes I now reflect
On good and bad times now suspect

The tracks laid on firm ground
Steadied the spiral downward bound
Intense and petty
Sailboats on a jetty

Chugged on steam, diesel and coal
You see there was no goal
Sepia tinted is my gaze
Mired, tired, hired is this haze

Thank what may be
Recieve like a baby
Bless the countless million grains
That came your way like mist with the rains

You say dont you, dont you
Stop whining and learn to mew
What ennui is this
That ignores the bliss

Of gifts recieved without a list
Can someone please give me a gist?
I suppress the despondence
With this my correspondence

Stealthy fingers move into my skull
Cold, calm, composed, they try and cull
The helplessness brought on by thinking
There is no point in mindless sinking

I will now, stop and begin the count
Get off the misery I'm trying to mount
Sinuously weave, wrap and sow
Into this feild that's life I know

No comments: