Sunday, December 11, 2011

Distracted by too much happiness...

My blogs are normally dark, bordering on melancholy and sad. I have hitherto believed that I can write only when disturbed, but today, I want to celebrate the sheer joy of being alive, of being able to breathe without any aches and pains and for the blessing of contentment.
How joyful and exciting to be actually distracted by too much happiness.. Happiness of course being a relative term, I'd prefer to say contentment but this phrase is heavily borrowed, so I will keep it in the original.
Most times we dissect our sorrows and all that ails us, we are depressed at a loss be it of a physical nature or of our mental peace and dwell on the why.. why me, most importantly.
While content, we take it for granted. Almost as if we were born with it expressly stamped on our bottoms 'to be happy all the time'. I guess I'm talking much about me and the way I percieve things. Have been happy in my sadness for too long that I must have forgotten the merits of contentment.
For today, this moment, everything is alright in my world. My mind is chilled out, my body isn't groaning and peace reigns in me.

Happiness is a fleeting butterfly they say
Chase after it and you will find it's tough play
Give me then contentment I pray
A heart that no sadness can slay

And when despair does come knocking
Which, knowing me.. aint too shocking
Let me embrace the peace in sorrow
And cheerfully make it part of morrow

No comments: