Sunday, March 11, 2012

When will I grow up and act my age.... mature maybe?

Maturity.. what is this really? Is it when you stop behaving in an irresponsible manner and think, ponder, muster and weigh your actions.. In that case, I fail every time.. I'm far... miles away from all of the above.
If I were a catholic, my blog would be my favorite priest at the confessional...
I want to be a mature person, someone who is careful in her ways with people, situations and life and doesnt spend days agonising over the stupid things I do.
"The things you learn in maturity aren't simple things such as acquiring information and skills. You learn not to engage in self-destructive behaviour. You learn not to burn up energy in anxiety. You discover how to manage your tensions. You learn that self-pity and resentment are among the most toxic of drugs. You find that the world loves talent but rewards character. You come to understand that most people are neither for you nor against you; they are thinking about themselves. You learn that no matter how hard you try to please, some people in this world are not going to love you - a lesson that is at first troubling and then quite relaxing" - John Gardner
I'm writing this so that I can keep reading it, maybe it will be something that this thick skull will absorb. The foolishness I indulge in, have to put a lid on it. I really want to be someone I can look in the eye and not cringe, someone I'm proud of.
I have to stop feeling stupid for my actions, what best way than acting in a mature and responsible manner. I will keep reading and re reading this and will show economy in action, word and deed.
And try and never be in a position from where I look at myself in shame.

No comments: