Sunday, July 7, 2013

You live... uninvited.


In the interim space between breathing and exhaling
those microseconds when the air inhaled has mated
In the grains of sand I have picked and let go
the tiny space as they slithered off

In the blink of my eyelids as they close for a split second
the almost brush of the lashes against each other
In the smile that escapes and the tiny gasps
the involuntary parting of lips

In the length of my strides as in their shortness
the gap between my footsteps
In the curve of my back, the arch of my hips
just before its comes in contact with the bed as I lay

In the folds of the wrinkles I smooth out every night
every line that I cream out gently
In the silences of the mind when the mouth is too busy
as I am still inside when talking endlessly

You live... uninvited.

No comments: