Friday, September 21, 2012

The companion of my emptiness.


When you walked in last night
seemingly exhausted, tired and worn
Do you think I missed the twinkle in your eyes
The skip in your gait
The lilt in your voice
The joy in your stance

I watch you with eyes that pretend not to see
Maybe I fool myself too well and you fall for it I can tell
When you laugh, I hear the footprints he left on your heart
You shine, like a million glow worms have pierced your soul
Your fingertips, they whisper unknowingly along the satin of your skin
Did he carve that path you are mimicking...

Marvellous, this new romance bringing to you the flush of joy
Of forgotten embers that once warmed you as it burned me
Yes, it hurts.
I want to reach across and slap you, maim you, wound you, tear you apart
How dare you, how can you, how will you
I linger for a moment in self pity and sorrow

When at last your moment in the sun of another planet has ended
And end it will, this novelty will bore you
The treachery will tear you
Its misery awaken you
Tread stealthily my love, this heart has taken flight
As you walk back towards me, know this
I'm broken, shattered, twisted, knotted...

A mirror whose shards of glass twinkle as they pierce...
Whisper softly, tiptoe gently and be the companion of my emptiness.


No comments: