Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Alone vs. Lonely...


Ah ok! I've recieved some flak about my previous post :D

While I'm not defending myself, let me specify I was talking about being Alone and not Lonely.

They are two very different states. Lonely is described as a state of mind where as Alone may be a fact.

I'm Alone in the room right now, fact. I'm Lonely in a crowded room, it's the way your mind percieves it.

Maybe I'm not articulate enough to come up with original sentences that sum my thoughts and that is why I quote so heavily... sigh!

OSHO:

"The common psychology of man is of loneliness. He does everything to avoid it. But whatever you do, it is always there just like your shadow. You may not look at it, but you know it is there. And once in a while you cannot resist the temptation either: you will look and you will find it always there. You cannot escape from your shadow. In the same way you cannot escape from your loneliness just by creating friendships, relationships, marriages, organizations – religious, political, social. They give you a little relief, but they don’t transform anything.

The day you decide that all these efforts are failures, that your loneliness has remained untouched by all your efforts, that is a great moment of understanding. Then only one thing remains: to see whether loneliness is such a thing that you should be afraid of, or if it is just your nature. Then rather than running out and away, you close your eyes and go in. Suddenly the night is over, and a new dawn ... The loneliness transforms into aloneness.

Aloneness is your nature. You were born alone, you will die alone. And you are living alone without understanding it, without being fully aware of it. You misunderstand aloneness as loneliness; it is simply a misunderstanding. You are sufficient unto yourself."

I rest my case...

No comments: