Wednesday, January 21, 2015

FIM disease...


I need help... Have a serious case of Foot In Mouth disease.

Sigh... Does it ever happen to you that you shoot something off your gob and immediately wish you hadn't said it. I'm sure it's common with many of us but with me its a chronic condition.

The paradox being, I don't say things that need to be said to the people who it should be said to and then shoot off something to an innocent bystander, so it may seem.

Can an apology take away the hurt and the pain caused by indiscriminate spouting? From where I am standing, it is perhaps easy to say that I said sorry, now what? But to the person who has just borne the brunt of your vitriolic tongue may not be as easily healed.

What can I do then to ensure that I bite the bullet and curb the trap? Breathe more deeply, take a moment, spend time with myself, arrange my thoughts and pray hard:

Dear God, Please keep your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth. Amen.

No comments: