Friday, August 3, 2012

U.G. Krishnamurthi


U.G Krishnamurti, is described thus in his website, The Essential UG as an enigma--a person who defies all classifications--a philosopher, a Non-guru, guru, call him what you may.

His writing touches a chord deep within me which hums steadily and doesn't shut off easily. Quote below:

"To be yourself is very easy, you don't have to do a thing. No effort is necessary. You don't have to exercise your will, you don't have to do anything to be yourself. But to be something other than what you are, you have to do a lot of things".

"My interest is not to knock off what others have said [that is too easy], but to knock off what I am saying. More precisely, I am trying to stop what you are making out of what I am saying."

"When you know nothing, you say a lot. When you know something, there is nothing to say"

Which is why I'm zippin motor mouth up today....

And all of you who know me personally can laugh now..... :D

No comments: