Monday, January 28, 2008

I believe I can fly..


Love that song..

:-)

A metamorphosis is in the process.

Let me quote the opening line from Kafka's " The Metamorphosis"...

'As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect'..

Beautiful book that.. the protaganist, Gregor Samsa, a travelling salesman one day wakes to find that he has been transformed into a gigantic insect. He does not immediately recognise his physical state, rather chooses to lament about the external weather conditions. When he does realise that he has undergone a horrendous change, he prefers to resist any conscious recognition of the fact, focusing instead on the separation from his external environment. He is gradually alienated from the world around him and what kills him finally is the revelation that he has indeed become a burden, even to those he thought he was indispensable to.

The metamorphosis of the physical stucture, terrifying though it was did not bring his end. The fact that he was a burden & quite unwanted and unloved was the catalyst.

The heart... overrules the mind.

:-)

Rather like Gregor, my preoccupation with the shell overshadowed the core.

Was given sage advice, 'listen to your heart'. I am...

And now I believe I can fly......

No comments: